MY FIRST FACE-OFF WITH BANGALORE!!!

Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 by Ayesha Farheen in Labels:
3

Bright moon with bright stars sparkling around in a peaceful night, so beautiful to look at.
I still remember the night when I was travelling by bus to Bangalore for my brother's CET counselling.
It was to be my first visit to Bangalore and just for 2 days. I was very tensed and scared thinking how will we manage in such a big city .Although I had not seen it yet,I assumed that Bangalore's very large.Too many thoughts kept me awake till late night. I wanted to share it with mom, but she was asleep beside me. I turned behind and found that Dad & Bro had dozed off too. I looked at the sky and found the Moon & stars sparkling as if they are asking me to sleep with a sweet smile and positive sign.

We landed early morning at the Large city and took a stay in "Ghousia sarai" (Sarai - Guest House), which I later discovered was quite cheap and near by "Tawakkal mastan Baba ki Dargah" in Majestic area.

After offering our morning prayers(namaaz), We rested for sometime, had breakfast, visited Dargah and left to majestic bus stand. We had to catch a bus to Malleshwaram 18th cross. Being the first time, we were neither sure of the bus nor the platform. It was very difficult to even get into the bus.
We somehow got into the bus and to my surprise I see people around me busy with a peculiar language including driver and condutor "kannada", the language I was not much used to & the subject I hated the most during school days :(
Even more surprised to listen kannada songs on FM Radio. uuuuhhhh!!! it was so irritating.

It was my first negative feeling about Bangalore on that particular day. We managed to reach CET counselling centre. It took almost one day to finish all the formalities. All were happy as bro got a medical seat,though payment and with no idea what was bro feeling, I was happy to see some stuff done perfectly & feel positive about Bangalore:)

It sapped out all our energy, very tired with out doing any other work as planned wereached back to so called Sarai, offered Namaz and went around with mom to have a look of sarai and Dargah.Later, lying on my bed I was thinking deeply “Am I really in Bangalore? the so called very posh and modern place and the Sarai which was so dirty and untidy bathrooms with broken locks. ??”

I lay awake thinking stupidly about Bangalore for no reason.

Next morning, the plan was to Visit Dr.C.Y.S Khan. As everything else, we were not sure of his residence. We just left to R.T.Nagar and it took nearly 2 hours to find him. As we reached his clinic, we found his assistant (the doctor wasn’t available) who had no knowledge of any medical stuff. I took this as second negative thing about Bangalore. Being upset, we moved ahead to whiteField as mom had an appointment in the Sri Sathya Sai Baba Hospital. It took 4 hours in bus to reach whitefield by which I was pissed off.
Bro and I were waiting out of hospital watching people roaming around waiting for mom and dad to get done with check up and return back to us. A thought racing through my mind “This place is so hectic. When will we rush back to Bellary ?”
It took whole of the evening for mom and dad to return. It was my third negative feeling for Bangalore, I decided that nothing here could be done on time.
It was enough inspiration to take each and everything in a negative way about Bangalore.

Gazing at the sky through window, on my way back to Bellary I decided will never visit Bangalore again, but then I didn’t know my future was awaiting me here.
And now here I am, with all positive feelings; accepting Bangalore as my hometown and very much glad to be a part of it:-)

3 comments:

  1. zaidi says:

    ayesha its lik small autobiography wel done its inspiration to juniors who stays quite by assuming life hefty in bangalore u r really miss sunshine for all

  1. its neat, well done... but your thoughts about kannada does piss any kannadiga, please give some respect that it so rightly deserves :)

  1. I think you need to visit again Bangalore and explore it very well. I think you have visited cheap places that is why you don't know much about Bangalore. I have found your post while searching for the cadeau moeder online.