THE BEAUTY OF HIJAB

Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 by Ayesha Farheen in Labels:
1


Hijab literally means screen,curtain,partition and concealment. In Islamic way, the word means to cover,conceal or hide oneself from the view of others.


Hijab,with its established limits, is a Divine Law and Guidance based on the Holy Quran and the Traditions of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). It has been practiced continuously at all times by the Muslim Ummah. It is not something fictious that was convinced by people and given the status of Islamic Law in Muslim socities based on cultural practices. But, for sometime now, people are going to extremes to its practices and beliefs. Consequently, doubts have been raised in people's minds about the legal status and the basic truth about the Hijab, and it has become the target of questions and doubts.

These days the word Hijab is often translated in english as head scarf, which is not in accordance with its meaning and intent in the Holy Quran. The correct translation is 'Something that covers and conceals completely'.

A Beautiful poem on Hijab
Beauty of Hijab You look at me and call me
oppressed,
Simply because of the way I’m
dressed,
You know me not for what’s
inside,
You judge the clothing I wear with
pride,
My body’s not for your eyes to
hold,
You must speak to my mind, not
my feminine mold,
I’m an individual, I’m no mans
slave,
It’s Allah’s pleasure that I only
crave,
I have a voice so I will be heard,
For in my heart I carry His word,
“O ye women, wrap close your cloak,

So you won’t be bothered by
ignorant folk”,
Man doesn’t tell me to dress this
way, It’s a Law from God that I obey,
Oppressed is something I’m truly
NOT,
For liberation is what I’ve got,
It was given to me many years
ago,
With the right to prosper, the
right to grow,
I can climb mountains or cross the
seas,
Expand my mind in all degrees,
For God Himself gave us LIB-ER-TY,
When He sent Islam,
To You and Me!

1 comments:

  1. Nishant says:

    I might sound rude, but I fully despise the practice. Cannot believe that educated people still believe in such blasphemy...